Thank you for trusting Brunswick Surgery Center to care for you and your loved ones. The surgeons and medical staff of Brunswick Surgery Center (BSC) wish to assure you that our staff and providers remain committed to taking proactive precautions for the wellbeing of our patients and visitors. COVID-19 is an evolving situation and we are constantly monitoring and adjusting our policies as needed.
The Brunswick Surgery Center stays up-to-date with current COVID-19 resources such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) Task Force. Our goal is to keep our website’s information updated as it pertains to our patients, visitors, and team members.
The Brunswick Surgery Center understands patients must be comfortable visiting our surgery center and to know that BSC follows strict disinfection safeguards and standards. The health of our patients, visitors, and staff is the utmost priority. By taking precautionary measures, it is our goal to maintain the patient’s safety while providing the highest level of care, which include:
- Patients if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath, we request you call your surgeon’s office to reschedule your surgical appointment. If after 5pm the day before your surgery, please notify the surgery center at 910-660-4600.
- All surgery patients will receive COVID-19 testing prior to surgery.
- We are screening patients and visitors upon arrival with temperature checks and COVID screening questionnaire.
- All employees and providers are required to wear masks.
- Patients and visitors are required to wear a mask in the surgery center for the duration of the visit.
- We are implementing social distancing throughout the surgery center.
- Postponing appointments for those who may have an increased likelihood of being exposed to the virus or those who have had contact with potentially exposed people.
- Increasing the number of hand hygiene stations at our facility.
We recommend these trusted resources for the latest information on COVID-19:
North Carolina COVID-19 Hotline: 866-462-3821 (open 24 hours, seven days a week)